2020 Summary2020 wasn't the best year for most of us, so it's tough to look for the silver linings. But here are three points of reflection that we wanted to share as we say goodbye to 2020.
Lulibell Studio - Proudly Supporting Lifeline Australia
We donate $1 to Lifeline for every Lulibell Studio print purchased, and $0.50 for every greetings card. So for every purchase you make, you are helping Lifeline to answer the call of someone who's mental health is in crisis. Thank you.
To find out more about why we're all about advocating for mental health, visit our website to read our story. To find out why we chose Lifeline as our nominated charity, read on.
Lifeline in Numbers
- For over 50 years, Lifeline has offered confidential crisis support. They offer support via phone (24/7), text or online chat, among other services.
- Every day, more than 3,000 people reach out to Lifeline for support. The reasons they call range from isolation, anxiety, and stress to relationship breakdowns, grief, and crisis.
- More than 8 Australians take their own lives each day. And for every life lost too soon, many parents, children, siblings, friends and colleagues are left devastated.
- Suicide is the leading cause of death in Australia between the ages of 15 and 44.
- Somewhere in Australia, there is a new call to Lifeline every 30 seconds.
- 3,500 highly-trained Crisis Supporters are available to help anyone, any time.
- In 2019, Lifeline received over 1 million calls to their Crisis Line. Call volumes have increased by 25% since COVID-19 restrictions began.
- 1 in 5 calls went unanswered.
Lifeline believe that that losing lives to suicide can be prevented, and that a life without suicide in Australia is possible. They urgently need donations to ensure that they have the right resources to respond to every single person in need.
What does Lifeline do with my donation?
Your donations help Lifeline work towards a world where no call for help goes unanswered.
Your donation could be used to help recruit, train and support more Crisis Supporters, or develop new technologies and services that help them respond to more people, faster.
To give you a rough idea of what it takes to run Lifeline's essential service, $300 a year helps Lifeline to provide help to 12 people in crisis through Lifeline Text over a year.
We’re starting with a fundraising target of $1,000. That would ensure that approximately 40 people get the support that they need.
At the close of 2020, we have raised $370 so far. Every donation made as a result of every Lulibell Studio print or card purchased goes straight to Lifeline. Thank you for your support.
Head to our website to find out more about Lulibell Studio: https://www.lulibellstudio.com/
Thank you to my Supporters
On Behalf Of Y Davison
Made On Behalf Of Yvonne Davison